Pointe Shoe Fitting
Authorized and Trained Pointe Fittings with These Brands:
So Danca Elektra Tech
Choosing the right pointe shoe
At The Dance Store, we know that choosing that first pair of pointe shoes is one of the most exciting and important steps you will make as a dancer. We also know that each foot is uniquely different and ensuring the correct fit is crucial to helping you progress in class and on stage.
Because this can be a long process--many times 30 minutes to an hour to find the right fit--our experienced fitters are available by appointment only for first time pointe fittings or group fittings.
Many of our customers travel 30 minutes or more to get to us so it is always a good idea to call before you arrive to ensure that one of our fitters is in the store.
We do not to sell our pointe shoes online as we feel it is always best to be fitted in person, however, if you have a shoe that you have worn for a while and want us to ship it to you, please give us a call at 615-203-5616 and we will be happy to accommodate you.
Tips to get the best fit
- Please call to schedule if it's your first pointe shoe fitting or if you are with a group. If you are traveling from another city, please call to make sure a fitter is available in the store before arriving. All appointments are scheduled at least one hour before closing.
- Group fittings may be scheduled on Sun afternoon or Monday or Wednesday by appointment. Dance instructors are always welcome to accompany your students.
- Please bring your old pointe shoes and current toe pads. Wearing a pair of tights is also helpful. Make sure your toenails are trimmed, but try not to trim them on the day of fitting as this can cause them to be sensitive and may affect your perception of the fit.
- Please allow a minimum of an hour for your fitting, although you may be done sooner if you are experienced, are coming in for a quick replacement, or know exactly what you want to try.
- Please show your pointe shoes to your teacher for approval BEFORE sewing ribbons and elastics. Shoes MAY NOT be returned once they have been sewn or have any signs of wear.
Point Shoe Club
- Purchase 5 pairs of pointe shoes at regular price and get your 6th pair FREE! The Dance Store keeps a card for you on file so there is nothing for you to carry in your wallet and keep up with. There is no expiration date on this program.
- Free pair must be less than or equal to the full price of the most expensive pair purchased.
- If the customer selects a free pair that is greater than the price of the previously purchased shoes, the customer pays the difference in price between the most expensive pair purchased and the retail price of the free pair.
- This program cannot be combined with any other discount. The Dance Store reserves the right to modify or discontinue this program at any time without notice.